Are you worried about how you would get rid of old furniture, clothes and other things that you no longer need when you are moving to a new place? Well, you have two options in this scenario: you can either hire a junk removal service or donate these things to charity.
Nine times out of ten, the second option is better because you contribute to environment protection by keeping stuff away from landfills and at the same time, also help people in need.
Most people don’t want to donate because they believe donation pick-up will be a big hassle.
They are wary of wasting time and having to hit the street to hire movers, helpers and a moving truck.
Moving is a very stressful experience for most people because it involves a lot of planning and organization.
When your plates are already full, you won’t want to add donation pick-up to your to-do list.
The good news is that donation pick-up is not as stressful and hassling as you believe it to be.
Before you start planning about pick-up, let’s first discuss which charities you can donate to.
Here is a list of charities for you to consider:
· Pick Up Please by Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)
· The Arc
Most of these charity organizations provide free donation pick-up but here are a few caveats:
· Many of these organizations don’t provide donation pick-up services for all locations. They would pick up your donations only if they have a local chapter of their origination near the pick-up location.
· Local chapters have specific requirements with regard to the items they accept. For example, many organizations don’t accept certain kind of physical items.
Before deciding which charity you should donate to, you should find out whether they accept the items you want to give away. The easiest way to do this is to visit these organizations’ websites.
· The physical items should be in a usable condition. The charities will accept them only if they are in a good condition.
They will either sell them through their thrift store or donate them directly to people in need.
Some of the most popular items which are sold through thrift stores are used furniture and clothing.
So while the majority of charity organizations offer free donation pick-up, whether or not you will be able to avail this facility depends on your pick-up location and the type of physical items you want to donate.
Hiring a moving service for donation pick
If free donation pick-up is not available in your area, you can hire movers from the comfort of your home and get moving help within the same
Hiring a moving service for donation pick-up has become extremely easy.
Gone are the days when you needed to ask friends and relatives for referrals to hire a moving truck or physically visit moving companies.
Here at Easymove, we make donation pick-up extremely easy. All you need to do is download our Easymove app and tap a few button on your cell phone to hire moving help in your area for donation pick up or any other type of moving help.
Easymove donation pick-up services are currently available in these cities.
Here are a few advantages of hiring a professional donation pick-up service:
· You can schedule donation pick-up as per your convenience any time you want. You don’t need to rely on the availability of the charity organization’s team for pick-up.
· You can request pick-up from the comfort of your home.
· Easymove helps you negotiate with many moving companies in your area and pick the one that offers the best price and quality of service.
· Easymove lists inventory of a lot of thrift stores on the app. You can take a look at the inventory and get an idea whether or not the items you are planning to donate are accepted by the local thrift stores in your area.
There were some of the thing you need to keep in mind when donating items to charity organizations. You can find answers to questions asked most frequently by people about donation pick up on the websites of these organizations.