Tips & tricks how successfully sell / buy furniture, appliance on Facebook Marketplace11 May 2019 by Easymove
The good news is that Facebook usually has many users. The number of Facebook users usually increases on a daily basis. This is the reason why you should use this platform to sell or buy products online.
If you normally sell furniture and appliances in your business, you can use this platform to sell them out there. Customers can also use this platform to buy different products and services online. If you want to succeed in selling your products on this platform well, you should consider several factors.
1. Include the details of the service or product that you are selling.
Different customers will be looking for relevant information about certain products and services before buying them. This is the reason why you should include all the necessary details of your products and services.
You should ensure that you give clear information so as to avoid confusion. This can make buyers to trust you.
If you do not know how to write good content about your products and services, you can hire a professional writer to create good content about your products and services. You should also tell your customers why your products are the best in the market. This can make them get convinced to buy your products and services.
2. Ensure that you categorize your items.
If you are selling appliances, you should ensure that you choose the appliance section and then upload photos of your appliances. If you are selling furniture, you should ensure that you post your photos under the furniture section.
This can help you to sell your products faster. Mixing up things can be detrimental. You might get penalized by Facebook and even fail to achieve your sales target. Creating a new account can take time. In this case, you should choose the right category for your items.
3. Ensure that you are prices are clear.
You should let your customers known the different prices of your products and services online. In this case, you should indicate the respective prices of the different products that you have posted online.
If you want to get more customers, you can introduce discounts and thereby make more sales in your business. However, if you are strict with your prices, you should inform your potential customers so that only interested buyers will inbox you.
4. Identify those items that cannot sell in the Facebook marketplace.
You will realize that there are many items that you can sell on the Facebook marketplace. However, there are some items that you cannot sell on Facebook. These include: weapons, illegal drugs, counterfeit items, alcohol, tobacco and so on.
You should, therefore, avoid selling these products on this platform.
Here are some common examples of things that can't be sold on Facebook:
- Not a real item: Anything that isn't a physical product for sale. For example, “in search of” posts, lost and found posts, jokes, and news aren't allowed.
- Services or event tickets: You can only sell a service (example: house cleaning) or event tickets on Marketplace with Facebook's written permission. Learn more about our policies on services and event tickets.
- Description and photo don't match: The photos of the item must match the description and title of the listing.
- Animal for sale: Selling animals isn't allowed on Marketplace or buy and sell groups. This includes posting about animals for adoption. Keep in mind that it's okay to create a News Feed post or an ad about selling an animal.
- Healthcare: Healthcare-related items aren't allowed (example: thermometers, first aid kits).
- Before and after pictures: Items for sale on Facebook can't show a before and after picture (example: a photo showing weight loss).
If your access to Marketplace was removed for going against the Commerce Policies, learn what you can do.
If you see a listing on Marketplace that doesn't follow our Commerce Policies, please report it to us.
5. Include the delivery cost where you can.
Sometimes, you might get a customer who lives far away from your business premise.
In this case, he or she would like your product to be delivered to him. This is the reasons why you should include the delivery cost so that customers can know the total cost of the products. You should ensure that you come up with a reasonable price in order to attract more customers to your business.
Use Easymove to book same day furniture delivery. Download a mobile app which connects you with local delivery or moving help at an affordable flat cost.
You can also use Facebook as a buyer and buy quality products and services. You will note that scams usually exist. Most customers have been scammed online and ended up regretting. If you want to buy furniture or an appliance on the Facebook marketplace, you should consider several factors. These include:
1. Check the profile of the seller.
You should check the profile of the seller and ensure that it is legit. This is because some sellers usually create pseudo accounts on Facebook and then start selling different furniture and appliances online. This can make you incur huge losses.
However, it is easy to tell that a certain profile is fake. If the profile was created recently, it might be fake. In addition, if the seller does not include a real photo in his profile, he or she might be a scammer.
If he or she has no friends or has just a few of them, he or she might be a scammer. You should avoid such sellers. This is the reason why you should take the time to check the timeline and the profile of the seller before buying anything from him or her.
2. Compare the prices.
You might be surprised to note that the prices on Facebook might be higher than those in your local shop or supermarket. In this case, it is advisable that you compare these prices and then make the right decision.
You can even convince the seller that the price of the product that he or she is selling does not cost more money in your nearest retail shop.
This can make him or her to reduce his price and thereby enable you to get a good deal. This has worked well for many customers out there.
3. Keep your boundaries.
Avoid those sellers who ask you to give your personal information such as bank accounts, phone number, email address and so on. Such sellers might have an ill motive and that can make you lose your money in the long run. You should, therefore, let your relationship with the seller remain professional.
4. Use safer paying methods.
Once you have seen and accepted the product, you can then send the payment to the seller online. However, you should be careful when sending money. Ideally, you should choose a safer paying method such as through PayPal, Venmo, Facebook Messenger and so forth. You should ensure that you get the item before paying. This can prevent future losses.
Facebook is a good platform where you can buy and sell furniture online.
You can also use to buy other products such as appliances for your home. However, there is a need to know a few tips that can help you to get genuine products on this platform. Sellers should also consider these ideas in order to get more customers to their businesses. Consider these ideas when buying or selling furniture and appliances today and you will not be frustrated.
This platform has proved to be very effective.
- August 2020 July 2020 June 2020 May 2020 March 2020 February 2020 January 2020 December 2019 November 2019 October 2019 September 2019 August 2019 July 2019 June 2019 May 2019 April 2019 March 2019 February 2019 January 2019 December 2018 November 2018 October 2018 September 2018 August 2018 July 2018